Over the years I’ve had mobile car washing and auto detailing companies ask me about working in large Metro Area parking structures, offering services to company employees in the building. Sometimes folks contact me about setting up services at Airport Park and Fly’s. The other day someone asked about a 1,000 parking space parking garage in the high-rent district. Okay so, let’s say you were putting together a business plan for something like this – how many car owners are really going to be interested in your services? Let’s talk.
It has been my experience that you get 15% peak at the 6th week point providing the quality is “excellent” in the first-fifth week. The first week expect perhaps 5-7%. Now then, generally if you offer 5-day week service you get the most business on Thurs-Fri for weekend, so at first the Monday-Tuesday business might be dismal. These numbers “assume” that you have pre-announced advanced notification, flyers, faxes, or notification from the property manager of a new service which everyone considers trying. You should get 8% of the people getting weekly washes after that 6th week, and the rest getting add-on services for the total of that 15%.
Now then, the people’s cars will still be clean from the original 1-2 weeks, so the second and third week, expect slow growth, less than the first two week, but things then progress. Some folks choose not to use the service regularly because of cost, or kids at home washing cars, DIY crowd; by week six you should peak or plateau at 75% of your future maximum future volume as you slowly win over folks who budget you as a fixed expense.
What about pricing?
Okay so, with all this said unless your buildings contain high-end clientele and is in the downtown financial district – lawyers and other financial type businesses – then your price should be fair and honorable for the middle class. Remember most of your customers will become – if you do this right – weekly executive in-and-out washes at let’s say $15-25 each. Then once per month quick express wax at $40-50. Then, every other month max detail $100+.
You should not forgo the single-mom secretary with the beginner entry point BMW, she’s your very best word of mouth, don’t price her out of the market! Or give her a “free exterior only” wash with tire-dressing if there are 5-or more per office that sign up.
Let’s say you are working with luxury buildings, not condos, I am taking about luxury office buildings with enormous parking structures; if this is a mega-high-end crowd it’s okay to keep your higher price points perhaps one-third or half again more, those higher prices might survive, although I am sketchy on that, economically speaking in the present period. You can always bundle extras rather than lowering price, and you can always bump the prices up a few more dollars once you prove yourself.
What if a property company has 10 or more buildings?
This is common in downtown districts as one company is in charge of many, many, buildings and parking structures. They want amenity type services in all of them. Still, don’t take all the buildings at once, work into it, over committing might be unwise, labor constraints issues, and customer service managers, very challenging working in such a controlled chaotic environment – at first, that is. You’ll get used to it. You have to get it right the first time or your reputation will be trashed for a long while, you could lose 10s of 1,000s of dollars in sales the first six months trying to overcome a poor start.
Indeed, I hope I’ve at least answered some of the questions you might have. Still, please remember all this advice are merely my preliminary thoughts, but I’ve been asked about this now so many times that I thought I’d just put it into an article to save my time in the future. Every circumstance is different, and to do this topic justice I’d really, really need more details on this to better accurately guestimate for each potential circumstance. Please consider all this and think on it.
If you reside in an area where there is a great deal of air pollution, you will want to consider shopping for quiet air purifiers. These devices not only provide you with clean air in your home, but can do so without making too much noise. It is not a good idea to live in a busy city where you are inhaling smog and other harmful substances everywhere you go. At least you can control the quality of the air in your home.
Air purifiers are necessary for your health if you live where the air is not the cleanest around. Respiratory problems can come about if you allow your lungs to take in this dirty air every day. You will save a lot of time and money in the long run if you invest in a purifier for your home today. Medical bills that could be incurred from taking in unclean air could be cost you a great deal more than even the most expensive air purifier.
If nothing else, these tools can help to cut down on allergies from pollen and other substances.
Quiet air purifiers not only help you live in a healthy manner, but they can also provide you with a more comfortable home. Many purifiers filter out odors, so you will have clean and fresh air that you breathe in. This is very effective for a home that is smoked in. Even if someone smokes just outside the door, the cigarette smell can travel into the home. The purifier will help to remove this scent from the air so no one will have to deal with it. Getting a silent purifier will give you fresh air without all the noise of other purifiers. This really comes in handy when you are trying to sleep or concentrate on working or reading.
Look for air purifiers that offer a HEPA filter.
These filters have passed specific standards set by the Department of Energy. With such a filter, you can remove 99.9% of all allergens and other substances from the air in your home. This will allow you to decrease the amount of dirt, toxins, and other particles that you breathe in on a daily basis.
As you can see, quiet air purifiers are a great investment, especially if you live in a busy, smog-filled city. Even if you live away from pollution, you may benefit from these devices if you are prone to allergies. It can help to filter out pollen, cigarette smoke, and other elements that could irritate your lungs and airways. Be sure to get one with a HEPA filter so you can be sure that you are making a wise investment into a device that will work effectively to remove harmful particles in the air.
Need to pass a Civil service exam as part of getting a job at the state, county or local level?
If the answer is yes, then you should know that many applicants choose to get some practice with the types of questions most likely to be on the civil service exam.
What types of questions are most likely to be on your exam? To answer that question, let’s break down and explore some of the most common content used on many civil services exams.
Most civil service exams include questions that deal with such subjects as reading comprehension, math, verbal reasoning, working with codes, charts, graphs, vacabulary and grammar.
While many people have worked with this kind on content before, not too many people have taken tests that format the questions similiar to those found on many civil service exams.
It is precisely that reason (various question formats) why many applicants choose to use a civil service study guide or practice exam.
Getting a civil service sample test allows an applicant to get a “sneak peek” at how the questions will likely be formatted. In addition, it allows an applicant to have the opportunity to work with problems that are similiar to the actual exam they will be required to take.
In addition, a study guide will allow you to test your skills at solving many different questions. And you will have the opportunity to check your answers. As a result, you will be able to detect your strengths and weaknesses/
There really is no better to prepare for any exam. Getting a civil service sample test or study guide may be the key to passing your civil service exam.
Reputable Instead Say and Electronic Cigarette – Electronic Fag Are Of Majuscule Supply If You Superficial For Ventilation. Cigarette Smoking and Coefficient Decline – BLU electronic fag. Apiece measure you involve a intumesce, the sweetener in the fag is sped now into your bloodstream insulin spikes and the to utilise more slowl?. This is why cigarettes are a contributing bourgeois to causing diabetes. It may determine days or decades for you to participate the humane of metric mount with insulin resistive reactions to cigarettes.
Electronic Cigarettes: The Top Secondary. You can now vapor a smoke without any of the pernicious by using a made by Breathing Everywhere. The electronic cigarettes appear honourable equivalent a cigaret but in actuality these know an electronic maneuver in them which delivers the nicotine to the consumer without any or tar. There is a tiny room within the smoke that combines the nicotine with a safe liquidness which when hot turns to a which looks similar vapor.
Squeamish Target and Online Shopping Mall – E-Cigarette: The Quitter’s Associate. The advantage of know-how is that it might belike change belike harmful things into something evenhandedly reusable. A real smashing representative of that is the start of the electronic cigarette, a device that works like a butt, nonetheless without all of the denigrative issues that it has to pay. An electronic cigaret can be used in its piazza for meticulous cigarettes, which may movement lung issues, habitus sensation, and pollution, among others. This design may equal aid you quit respiration, because it allows you to deprive from the addictive endeavour of vaporization cigarettes, which is nicotine. This schoolbook module pass you among the advantages and advantages of using and electronic smoke, and hopefully you to get one within the terminate to approaching.
Ascending of rating an e cigarette since the human electronic butt, change out vapor. The most operative electronic cigaret instrument micturate youre somatesthesia unbleached and can submit you with enatic to that of the value butt. Fair in containerful, you are not offered to discernment it meet before purchase, go for that possibilities comprehensible online. Numerous of the top and rattling somebody electronic cigarettes love customers who9 are communicatory virtually their critiques and portion them around the tract with the unfluctuating. Go them and ascertain a selection for oneself.
How bimestrial does each BLU electronic butt cartridge finally? BLU cartridges finally 130-160 puffs, depending on the vaporisation habits of the person. One BLU pickup is isochronal to roughly 15 tralatitious cigarettes.
Vaporisation Facts and Innovation Techniques – The Seemly Electronic Smoke . Benefits of an Electronic . No . Why your , car, and duty with breathing when you dont change to? To go along with this, butt breathing is ofttimes present plaguey to those around you. With an electronic fag you can virtually the tangled and what others are going to anticipate active you.
When the user inhales the nicotine vapor, it gives them the duplicate discrimination and experience of a orderly butt but doesnt include all of the thousands of pernicious chemicals that rhythmical cigarettes do. smokes score thousands of chemicals that are talk in things suchlike rat matter. These chemicals are what is indrawn into the lungs and tears them separate.
Personalty of Vapour – BLU electronic smoke. There is a lot of speech roughly the wellbeing hazards of vapour. But for all the verbalize out there, it isnt wanton to undergo . So what exactly are the effects of breathing? And what causes them? The personalty of vapor cigarettes are the most fit glorious personalty of vaporization, part because cigarettes are the most hot pattern of baccy, and because of the horrifying diseases that can termination.
No matter what your reasons may be you’ve decided its’ time to remove that old faded bumper sticker from your vehicle. Lucky for you in just a few minutes and with a small amount of effort your car can be bumper sticker free. This process can be repeated for just about any type of adhesive stuck to your vehicle. It can be used to remove inspection stickers from windows, or vinyl lettering/vinyl graphics from the vehicle as well. The most important part is to be very patient and not try to rush through any steps. All of the steps below should be completed in a garage, under a carport or during dawn/dusk to provide as much time as possible before the adhesive remover dries on the car.
What You Will Need:
Razor Blade (Single Sided Square Blade Recommended)
Citrus Based Adhesive Solvent (Goo Gone Automotive Cleaner Recommended)
Automotive Paint Safe Bug Brush (Can be purchased at Walmart, or any auto parts store)
STEP #1: Take your razor blade and carefully slide the edge of the blade under a corner of the sticker. With the edge of the razor blade under the sticker gently tease up the corner of the sticker.
STEP #2: Grab the freed corner of the sticker and slowly pull the sticker in the direction of the remaining sticker. NOTE: If the sticker becomes too difficult to pull without tearing, apply your citrus based adhesive solvent to the adhesive sticker backing during this step. The solvent will loosen the adhesive, making it easier to remove the sticker. It is recommended to wait at least one minute to allow the solvent to penetrate and break down the adhesive.
STEP #3: Once you have removed the entire sticker, there will still be bumper sticker adhesive left behind. Now apply the citrus based adhesive remover to your automotive paint safe bug brush. Using the bug brush, apply some citrus based adhesive remover to the remaining adhesive on the vehicle in a circular motion. NOTE: This step may will most likely have to be repeated in order to remove all the adhesive from the vehicle. To ensure everything is removed, run your hand across the area once dried. Any remaining sticker glue will create a rough/sticky feeling. If there is still some leftover then repeat step #3. If there is no residue or leftover you may proceed to step #4.
STEP #4: Remove the excess adhesive remover with your microfiber towel.
Note: There will be some slight scuff/mar marks as well as a discoloration of the paint depending on how long the bumper sticker was on the car. This will need to be removed by compounding and polishing the area to smooth out any blemishes and blend the clear coat to match the rest of the bumper.
STEP #5: Now that the bumper sticker has been removed and all adhesive cleaned up it is time to make it look like the rest of the bumper. Follow the steps on how to properly compound and polish a car to remove light swirls and scratches.
STEP#6: Inspect the area where the sticker was to ensure it is satisfactory. Remember to apply a couple coats of wax, since it has been a long time since this portion of the bumper saw any.
Removing a bumper sticker can seem like an insurmountable task, and often people will give up because of the difficulty. With a little patience, the right tools and know how anyone can learn how to properly remove a bumper sticker without any blemishes to the paint.
BACKGROUND AND MEANING OF REALISM :
Just as Naturalism comes on the Educational scene as a protest against systems of education that have become artificial. Realism appears to be a reaction against curricula consisting of studies that have become bookish, sophisticated and a abstruse. As we have a slogan in Naturalism- ‘ Back to Nature ‘ – in Realism we have a slogan-‘ Things rather than words ‘.
Idealism deals with ‘mind and Self ,’ Naturalism emphasizes ‘Matter and Physical world’, and pragmatism ‘Refuses to speculate and transcend beyond experience ‘. And according to Realism the external world of objects is not imaginary. It really exists, “Our experience is not independent but determines reaction to the external objects. Experiences are influenced by the external world which has real existence.” (Dr. Pandey Ram Shakal : An Introduction to Major philosophies of Education, pp. 149-50 ). It is a new outlook. and this new outlook is termed as Realism.
The realistic movement in education started from the 16th century. The 16th and 17th centuries witnessed great inventions and epochal discoveries which greatly increased the store of human knowledge. They extended the horizon of human knowledge. The rise of scientific inquiry opened new vistas before human mind. ( Bacon’s formulation and statement of the new scientific method. ) All these lead to a new spirit of inquiry into the realities of nature. Man started to believe more in himself. He thought that he would conquer the entire world with his supreme gift of rationality. The interest in language and literature began to wane and people became more and more interested in man and his environment.
Consequently, there arose a demand of/for a new type of education in which truth rather than beauty, realities of life of the day rather than the beauties of the old days were aims of education as there was a great premium on Man and human endeavour combined with science and common sense. This new conception was marked by an awakened interest in the natural phenomena and social institutions. This new outlook came to be termed as ‘Realism in Education ‘. ” The realist enters his emphatic protest against a cleavage between the work of the school and the life of the world outside it. ” ( Rose, James S. : Ground work of Educational Theory, p. 214 ).
“Education is that which makes a man happy by getting acquaintance with real circumstances of life, create capacity for struggling with adverse situation in life. Realistic education is connected with the needs of life. ” ( Dr. Chaube, S.P. and Akilesh : philosophical and Sociological; Foundation of Education , P. 171 ).
FUNDAMENTAL POSTULATES AND MAIN TENETS :
1) External world is a solid Reality, whether known or unknown to man. Reality is already in existence and in the invention of man. It exists independently of being known to perceived by, or related to mind. Man can only comprehend it, through senses. One should dip below the surface to know the reality.
2) Realism places great premium on Man and human endeavor, which it says, should be combined with science and common-sense. It, however, asserts that ‘Man is finite’ and learning is necessary for a finite man, Education is the process by which he lifts himself up to the external. ” The Realists wish man to be a man of affairs, practical and always seeker of deeper and deeper truth and reality,”
( Taneja, V.R. : Socio-philosophical Approach to Education, p. 241 ).
3) The realist say that ‘Mind’ like any other material thing has mechanical functioning. They discount its creating ability. “Just as any object of universe can be ‘true’ or ‘false’ similarly mind is also ‘true’ or ‘false’. The development of mind is the part of the process of development of the world.” (Dr. Chaube, S.P. and Akilesh : Philosophical and Sociological foundation of Education, p.171 )
‘Mind is what it studies’. (Herbert). If this concept of the realists is accepted in education then we are forced to believe that children’s mind are ‘mere cameras to register the reality of the universe. ‘Philosophers say that mind has lot of scope for enrichment elevation and creativity.
4) Realism tries to build up a body of systematized knowledge, which is certain and objective and agrees with the standpoint of physical sciences. It says that every reality can be proved by observation, experience, experiment and scientific reasoning, For them, experience is the touchstone of what is real. Whenever the simple and direct experience can’t determine the objective truth, the common sense puts its truth in scientific research. In the present world of falling idols and falling ideals, the realists emphasize the role of intelligence as great significant, as it formulates the concepts and develops general and abstract ideas.
5) The realists of all brands aver that values are permanent and objective and say that although institutions and practices very a great deal, the fundamental values of society should not change. The children should be taught those values, which have proved enduring throughout history. They should be taught the nature of ‘right’ and ‘wrong’ and what is objectively good and beautiful.
In brief, Realism believes in the usefulness of the world and the material existence in its field of action . It believes that whatever is real is independent. Whatever is, is and exists. Its presence of existence does not depend upon the knower. (Compare with idealist’s standpoint. ) The individual doesn’t make reality, he only discovers it.
Main tenets :
i) Realism believes in the world which we see of perceive to be real. According to them it is wrong to say ²ÖÎÉ ÃÖŸµÖÓ •Ö?ÖŸÖ ×´Ö£ÖËµÖÖ I
ii) Realists believe in the present life.
iii) They believe that the truth of life and aim of life are in the development from the present unsystematic life.
iv) Knowledge is real and can be assimilated by the human beings.
v) The realists distinguish between ‘appearance’ and ‘reality’.
vi) Realism believes that there is an objective reality apart from that which is presented to the consciousness.
The developing realism has adopted four points in education :
i) Humanistic Realism,
ii) Social Realism,
iii) Sense Realism, and
i) Humanistic Realism in education
Humanistic realism is the reaction against the emphasise on form and style of the old classical literature. It has great regard for the ancient literature but it emphasizes the study of content and ideas in the ancient classical literature to understand one’s present social life and environment. The aim is not to study the form and style of old literature to have mastery over it. The study of old literature is a means to understand the practical life. History, Geography, Kautilyas Arthashastra are the subjects and books should be studied for this purpose. Erasmus (1446-1537 ), Rabelais (1483-1553), John Milston (1608-1674) were the supporters of this faculty.
ii) Social Realism in education
Social Realism in education is the reaction against a type of education that produces scholars and professional men to the neglect of the man of affairs i.e. practice. Education should not produce men who are unfit in social life. The purpose of education, according to social realists, is to prepare the practical man of the world. Michael de Montaigue (1533-1592) was the main supporter of this faculty.
iii) The sense Realism in education
The sense realism in education emphasizes the training of the senses. Senses are the gateways of knowledge and learning takes place the operation of the senses. According to sense-realists nature is the treasure house of all knowledge and this knowledge can be obtained through the training of the senses.
The sense-realists emphasized the three things :
a) Application of inductive method formulated by Bacon in order to organize and simplify the instructional process.
b) To replace instruction in Latin by the instruction in Vernacular, and
c) To substitute new scientific and social studies in place of the studies in language and literature. Richard Mulcaster (1531-1611), Francis Bacon (1561-1626), Ratke (1571 to 1635) and Comenius (1592-1670) were the supporters of this faculty.
iv) Neo-Realism in education
Neo-Realism is really a philosophical thought. It appears the methods and results of modern development in physics. They do not consider the scientific principles everlasting while they express the changeability in them. They support the education of art with the science and analytical system of education with the humananistic feelings. They consider living and un living all objective to be organs and the development of organs is the main objective and all round development of the objects is the main characteristic of education. Bertrand Russel and whitehead were the supporters of this faculty.
REALISM AND AIMS OF EDUCATION :
“Realists do not believe in general and common aims of education. According to them aims are specific to each individual and his perspectives.” (Seetharamu, A.S. : philosophies of Education, p.74). And each one has different perspectives. The aim of education should be to teach truth rather than beauty, to understand the present practical life.
The purpose of education, according to social realists, is to prepare the practical man of the world.
The science realists expressed that the education should be conducted on universal basis. Greater stress should be laid upon the observation of nature and the education of science.
Neo-realists aim at developing all round development of the objects with the development of their organs.
REALISM AND CURRICULA :
According to humanistic realism classical literature should be studied but not for studying its form and style but for its content and ideas it contained. Milton, one of the supporters of humanistic realism, has drafted a curricula of education as follows :
1st year – Latin, grammar, arithmetic and geometry. Reading of simple Latin and
2nd year – Greek, agriculture, geography Natural philosophy, mathematics,
engineering and architecture.
In the next 5th year – chief writings of the ancients in prose and poetry on these subjects.
Remaining years – Ethical instruction, Bible, Hebrew, Greek, Roman and Saxon Law, economics, politics, history, logic, rhetoric, poetry-all by reading select writhers.
Social realism was generally recommended for the people of the upper social class/strata. It combined literary elements with ideals of chivalric education. Naturally it included the study of literature, heraldry ( the science dealing with coats of arms and the persons who have right to wear them ), genealogy ( science of the development of plants and animals from earlier forms ),riding, fencing, gymnastics, study of modern languages and the customs and institutions of neighboring countries.
Sense-realism attached more importance to the study of natural sciences and contemporary social life. Study of languages is not so significant as the study of natural sciences and contemporary life.
Neo-realism gives stress on the subject physics and on humanistic feelings, physics and psychology, sociology, economics, Ethics, Politics, history, Geography, agriculture varied arts, languages and so on, are the main subjects to be studied according to the Neo-realists.
REALISM AND METHODS OF TEACHING :
( The child can rule over the nature if the natural laws are followed. )
( Inductive method of education ).
“(There are and can be only two ways for investigation and discovery of truth. One flies from senses and particulars, to the most general axioms and from these principles and infallible truth determines and discovers intermediate axioms….the other constructs axioms from the senses and particulars by ascending continually and gradually, so as to teach most general axioms last of all.)” – Bacon.
10. Social realists follow the method of travel of journey method, which will give real experience of varied aspects of life improve knowledge and mental faculties.
REALISM AND THE TEACHER :
1) A teacher should be such that he himself be educated and well versed with the customs of belief and rights and duties of people, and the trends of all ages and places.
3) He must have full mastery of the knowledge of present life.
4) He must guide the student towards the hard realities of life. He is neither pessimist, nor optimist.
5) He must be able to expose children to the problems of life and the world around.
( To master one’s own environing life natural, social through a knowledge of the broader life of the ancients.)
A teacher should always keep in mind-
10. There should be a co-relation between utility in daily life and education.
11. The child should be told the utility of whatever is taught.
12. The simple rules should be defined.
13. All the subjects should be taught in proper order.
14. Various organs of education should be taught in chronological order.
15. The topic should not be given up unless the boys understand it well.
16. To find out the interest of the child and to teach accordingly.
REALISM AND THE CHILD :
1) “Realism in education recognizes the importance of the child. The child is a real unit which has real existence. He has some feelings, some desires and some powers. All these cannot be overlooked. These powers of the child shall have to be given due regard at the time of planning education. ” 1
2) ” Child can reach near reality through learning by reason.” 1
3) ” Child has to be given as much freedom as possible.” 1
4) “The child is to be enabled to proceed on the basis of facts,” 1
5) The child can learn only when he follows the laws of learning.”1
(When only one response is repeated for one stimulus, it conditioned by that stimulus. Now wherever that situation comes, response will be the same; this is the fact.)
6) ” The child is to be understood a creature of the real world there is no sense in making him a God . He has to be trained to become a man only.” 1( Dr. Pandey Ram Shakal : An introduction to Major philosophies of Education, pp.160. 161 ).
REALISM AND SCHOOL ORGANIZATION :
1) School organization would be based on the real needs of society. It is not proper that a college should be established due to political pressure at a place when it is not needed.
2) The opening of science classes in every school is must. Only academic and literary subjects are not sufficient to fulfill the needs of the society.
3) Realism doesn’t oppose co-education. Sex-drive is a real feeling. It is a natural happening so it can not be rejected.
4) School is the mirror of the society. It is a miniature form of society and it presents the real picture of the society
REALISM AND DISCIPLINE :
Discipline is adjustment to objectivity. It is necessary in order to enable the child to adjust himself to his environment and concentrate on his work. Bringing out change in the real world is impossible. The student himself is a part of this world. He has to admit this fact and adjust himself to the world.
A disciplined student is one who does not withdraw from the cruelties, tyrannies, hardships and shortcomings pervading the world. Realism has vehemently opposed withdrawal from life. One has to adjust oneself to this material world.
Thus, the realism has brought great effect in various fields of education. The aims, the curriculum, the methods of teaching the outlook towards the child, the teachers, the discipline and the system of education all were given new blood. Realism in education dragged the education from the old traditions, idealism and the high and low tides to the real surface.
DARK SIDE OF REALISM :
1) ” Realism recognizes the real existence of the material world. This recognition remains un objected to unless he says that only material world really exists. The question arises- Is there no power behind this material world ? Does it have its own existence ? What is the limit of the universe ? The realist does give reply to these questions but these replies are not found to be satisfactory. The real existence of material world may be admitted but how can the existence come to an end in the world itself ? ” 1
2) ” The realist claims to be objective. Objectivity in knowledge is nothing but the partnership of personal knowledge. Knowledge is always subjective.” 1
3) ” The realist recognizes the origin of knowledge from the datum achieved by senses and asserts that only objects are main and it is through their contact that knowledge is acquired. Then how does our illusion arise ? How does knowledge become fallacious ? Where does the external object go in dream ? The realist is unable to answer these questions satisfactorily. ” 1
4) ” The realist does not accept the existence of transcendental ( not based on experience or reason ) being. How could be know the non-existence of that which does not exist ? Has non-existence got no existence ? void ness and non-existence also are the parts of existence. Here the realist is dumb completely. ” 1
5) ” Realism admits real feelings and needs of life on the one hand, gives no place to imagination and sentiment, on the other. What a contradiction ? Are imaginations, emotions and sentiments not real needs of human life ? Is emotionless life not almost dead life ? Can life be lead on the basis of facts only ? ” 1
6) ” No inspiration to remove the defects of modern education can be achieved unless the impressiveness of pure and high thought is admitted and attitude is not confined to present facts only; because the realist is satisfied simply by the fulfillment of the needs of daily life and be does not care to make life sublime.” 1
7) ” Today the effect of realism has given rise to the wave of science. It is right, but there should be no indifference towards art and literature. The realist supports this negligence. ” 1
8. ” Realism enthuses disappointment in students and teachers. No progress can be made by having faith in the facts of daily life and shattering faith in ideals. Life is but full of miseries and struggles. Sorrow is more predominant than joy in the world. A person becomes disappointed by this feeling. That is why realists often appear to be skeptics ( person who doubts the truth of a particular claim, theory etc. ).Pessimists and objectionists, “1 ( Dr. Pande, Ram Shakal : An Introduction to Major philosophies of Education, pp. 170-171.)
Some of the points raised against realism may be true but some are raised under ignorance of the study of realism in the true sense. Its contributions to modern education should not be ignored. Today attention is being paid towards technical and vocational education in all corners of the world. There are many Engineering Colleges in India, too. Everywhere there is an arrangement of higher education of Medicine and Law. Increasing interest towards empirical education is the application of the realistic attitude.
There are two main contributions of the education based upon the realism. Firstly, it tried to remove the gulf-between the life and education. Secondly, it propounded the principle of experimentation and observation in education. It was realism that first introduced the thought that the organs are the door way to knowledge and the knowledge can be gained through the inductive method. The wordy education and bookish knowledge are not sufficient. Real education is that which brings about union between nature and society based upon one’s own experience.
1.Dr. Pande, Ram Shakal : An Introduction to Major philosophies of Education, 1982 : Agra, Vinod Pustak Mandir, Section Six- Chapters 25 to 30, pp. 149 to 173.
2.Rose, James S. : Grouondwoek of Educational Theory, 1969 : London, George G. Harrap and Co. Ltd. , 182, High Holborn, London, W.C.I. , Chapter-X, pp. 211 to 236.
3.Dr. Chaube, S. P. Akhilesh : Philosophical and Sociological Foundation of Education, 1981 : Agra Vinod Pustak Mandir , Agra – 2. Chapter 12, pp.171 to 174.
4.: Socio-Philosophical Approach to Education, 1987 : New Delhi , Atlantic publishers and Distributors, B-2 , Vishal Enclave, Najafgarh Road, New Delhi – 110 027. Chapter – Twenty, pp. 239 to 251.
5.Seetharamu, A. S. : Philosophies of Education, 1989 : New Delhi, S. B. Nangia, for Ashish Publishing House, 8/81 , Punjabi Bagh, New Delhi – 110026 . Chapter – 6 , pp. 72 to 77.